Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Troops!
Glad to see The Fine Folks here are still posting and sharing info about Our Rides!

Just wanted to ask if People have a Favorite brand of Ignition Coil Pack Other than the Spendy OEM.
Amazon has some prices that are so low it worries Me!

Bosch coil packs are $25.72 right now which is about $5 less per coil than at the least spendy local parts store ( the $27 per coil is for the store brand).
I noticed brands like MCK and Delphi among others and some of them range down as low as $12 per coil pack.
The other way I have been trying to get an idea of quality is by looking at the customer reviews….
And when it comes to the actual spark plugs, does anyone know if NGK or Champion was the OEM for a 2011 Avenger Heat 3.6?

I did look around here in The Forum to see if I could find answers before posting this!!
With advance Thanks,
DocH

PS: The reason I am doing coil packs and plugs at 90 K is that I need to have the valve cover gasket on the right or passenger side valve cover replaced. So I figured I would do the PCV valve since it is located on the back valve cover as well as plugs and coil packs since the labor and gaskets required to just do the valve cover gasket is enough that I might as well do the coil packs and plugs while the mechanic is in there.
PSS: I called a Mopar Dealer and was quoted approximately $1200 for valve cover gasket, plugs and coils and PCV R&R !!!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
NGK were the plugs for the 3.6. When you change them, be sure to replace the intake manifold gaskets as they are a one time use item. Coil packs may be just fine as is. I would clean the throttle body while things are apart. If you are mechanically inclined, it's not a bad job to do in a long afternoon. Lots of you tube videos about the work. Doing it yourself saves a lot on labor costs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks VERY Much for the reply!
I so wish that I had the skillz to do it all Myself but for a couple of reasons I had best decline.
I have a Great Local Mechanic who is Super-fair on cost and as I have a very tough time bending due to a long series of spinal fusions, discretion is the better part of valor.
If going to replace the coil packs, ideas on cost vs quality?

Thx,
Doc
(aka Ed)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts