Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 2014 Avenger for my son. 43000 miles. Would you recommend or not recommend buying it?

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Mile on the clock are great numbers...BUT what are the specifics as to Engine size(2 were available) and is there any maint. history available? Is this private sale or at a FCA/Dodge dealer and HOW MUCH is being wanted?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mile on the clock are great numbers...BUT what are the specifics as to Engine size(2 were available) and is there any maint. history available? Is this private sale or at a FCA/Dodge dealer and HOW MUCH is being wanted?
2.4l engine. The reason I ask isn't to know if we are getting a good deal. I want to know if people like the car and if it is reliable. How is longevity, etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Avenger is a great car! The styling is traditional, so it doesn't stand out. No turbo, no stop/start like so many cars have. It's a little sporty looking so a young man would like it. Built in Sterling Heights, MI.
My 2014 Avenger SE has been great for 67,000 miles. I plan to keep it at least a few more years.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have gotten mine in 2017, its a 2013 2.4L and has been a good car with 124,000 miles on the odometer. I drive about 300 miles a week to work and back and do routine maintenance. Its sporty looking, and the gas mileage is good. Only thing I have a prob with the car is battery placement, you need to take the wheel off, but other than that its a solid car. If you need any help if you get the car let the forumz know, and well help you find you answer.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It's a great car (I've had 3).

Make sure it makes good heat! Poor heat on the passenger side is common and will likely require a heater core which easily cost $1000+

1 - 7 of 7 Posts