Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here it is Guys... You can all thank bluenigel for donating his time and vehicle. He's a great guy he hung out all day while we did the build; I think he had a great time!

A few things about the build... This is a pieced together prototype using Mandrel stainless 2.25" tubing. Our Short Barrel muffler was used in the center of the car and the tail pipes were split off using a custom fabricated Y-pipe. As you can see the system is very clean looking. Also keep in mind the final system will not have all those welded slip fit joints as the prototype, they will be one piece... The tips used are 4" in diameter slash cut and are 7" in length. This will be a complete clamp on system no cutting or welding required...

We also took some video sound clips which should be up by Wednesday... All I can say is it sounds great! Nice deep idle with an awesome WOT, but not too loud and it's certainly not obnoxious. I think it's just right. bluenigel will be chiming in to give his thoughts I'm sure. He said to me, "awesome just what he was looking for".

I'm working on pricing and will post a Group Buy Price when I post the video. We will be accepting order deposits and we'll take it from there.

This system is designed for an 3.5L Dodge Avenger RT FWD...

SEE Photos and video on Zoomers Group Buy thread: http://avengerforumz.com/showthread.php?p=13736#post13736

·
Registered
477 Posts
that is sweet cant wait to here it.. does anyone know. if the under carriage of the AWD is the same as the FWD

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
cabt wait to hear wat it sounds like

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is sweet cant wait to here it.. does anyone know. if the under carriage of the AWD is the same as the FWD

I can't see how they would be the same the drive shaft has to run right down the middle of the car, even the gas tank would have to be different on the AWD model...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
What would you guys go with? help me out

·
Registered
828 Posts
Personally I think your exhaust is a little crude sounding. Or unrefined/radical. Like you just ripped it off alltogether. Where as the Zoomers sounds like a nice exhaust.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Well im glad i contacted them and drew them to us and now look wat happen the 2008 dodge avenger R/T has a cat-bak exhaust......im glad everyone is happy now..

·
Registered
37 Posts
I actually like the sound of your exhaust but I think the Zoomers setup on my car does sound a little more refined and smoother. I have nothing against straight pipes but I think having a muffler does add a lower, smoother note to the exhaust as a whole.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Dont u lose power by the restriction of the muffler....

·
Registered
542 Posts
the system looks nice the only thing that im not to thrilled about is the tips. but you can always get your own and change them later if you wanted to i guess

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ron.. i was looking under my car.. as near as i can tell.. it looks the same.. one of the guys here on the forum had posted schematics.. the did not show a different one for the AWD. i am gonna have someone check for me wednesday... to know for sure

·
Registered
828 Posts
Dont u lose power by the restriction of the muffler....
No. The Zoomers is a straight flow-through muffler design. It only has a small vortex generator in the path. Really cool. . . No loss in HP there. In fact my Charger SRT8 gained HP with Zoomers. . .

1 - 20 of 72 Posts